Friday, October 29, 2010

Love Is What Love Does............

My Pastor often says "Love Is What Love Does".....and, while it seems pretty simple, it made Mee wonder about Love and "What It Do".  People may say that there are different kinds of Love- like the Love you have for a friend, wouldn't be the same kind of Love you would have for your Mother, Father, Sister or Brother- and It wouldn't be the same kind of Love that you would have for your significant other.  To mee, all of that is emotion- the automatic feelings you have for your family- since you've known them, you've Loved them.  For your friends or significant other it was - once you got to know them you Loved them.  And for everybody included in the pronouns I just mentioned, you say "I Love You" and some point or another.

The Bible has another take on Love.  In Corinthians Chapter 13 (this is often referred to as the LOVE Chapter) It says Love suffereth Long and is Kind, Love envies not, Is Not Puffed Up, Does Not behave itself unseemingly, seeketh not it's own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in truth- Love bears all things, believes all things, hopeth all things and endureth all things- LOVE NEVER FAILS, and it ends with saying that Faith Hope and Love abides but the greatest of these is LOVE.  That's an amended version but please read it in it's entirety.  This was my grandfathers favorite scripture because it tells you from the beginning- you can do signs and wonders, be GREAT, but if you don't have LOVE, you are nothing.  It says you can give to the poor, feed the hungry, even give your body as a sacrifice, but without LOVE it profits you nothing.

I am careful with this word.  I find people often misuse it- says it too much, abuse it, uses it as a salutation- and even though I have been guilty of it's misuse, I think about this enough that  I am definitely working on Mee.  But the reason I am writing this is to ask you who are reading this- Do you LOVE? do you really LOVE? Do you give Love? Do YOU show Love? In your actions, in your thoughts, in your speech, in your silence, are you LOVING?

What's the difference between LOVE and IN LOVE? and in being IN LOVE do you remain IN LOVE or just fade to LOVE ONLY?   I'm just asking- I am certainly no authority on the subject as I have quite a few failed relationships and friendships.  However many that didn't work - I now find that it is quite possible to ALWAYS LOVE and ALWAYS BE IN LOVE- especially if GOD is the head of your life.  The Greatest LOVE STORY ever told is John 3:16 says that GOD SO LOVED the WORLD he gave his ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
All in one verse we have the Greatest Being- GOD- the Greatest Feeling- SO LOVED - the Greatest  Object-The World- the Greatest Sacrifice- He Gave His ONLY SON - The Greatest Promise- That Whosoever believeth in him should not perish- then the Greatest Gift- but have Everlasting Life.   Now this, is LOVE, undeniable, and true- LOVE.

I know we as humans cannot Love on this level or anything even close to it.  But I also know that we are fully capable of achieving some Good LOVE if we are honest with ourselves and then honest with the person we are loving.

I began writing this with a different emotion.  As I revisit for editing I realize my mind and my heart is in a different place.  I still feel the same way- but I have a different perspective.  Love is What Love Does. If there is a red flag- it's not a flag of Love it's a flag of caution.  Let's be honest folks!!! If they verbally abuse you, beat you, merely tolerate you, they don't LOVE you.

1 comment:

  1. the burden is heavy but enlightenment comes with sad eyes and happy heart...amen souljah

    ReplyDelete